Rear Cap for a Jotul 3 CB

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anavant

Feb 28, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Hello All !
I recently purchased this never fired 3 CB but it did not come with the rear cap. I thought I may want to rear vent it but after some research and words of wisdom from this forum I may want to ensure the best draft and top vent this stove.

Is it possible to purchase this piece still ? sideways photo attached.... photo (3).JPG

Have you tried removing the top cap to see if it will bolt in place there? The entire top comes off this stove by removing the two allen head screws, one on each side. If this works be sure that when you replace the top that it is correctly positioned on the gasket and level after the allen screws are put back (optional).

Have you tried removing the top cap to see if it will bolt in place there? The entire top comes off this stove by removing the two allen head screws, one on each side. If this works be sure that when you replace the top that it is correctly positioned on the gasket and level after the allen screws are put back (optional).

Good call BG. I had forgotten that point. The OP will also have to fabricate & attach a small piece of sheet metal over the hole in the rear heat shield if this unit will be installed in a reduced CTC location...

Thanks guys ! I actually just found a old post stating that the top can be switched out. Thanks for the help. Now I just have to build a corner hearth !

Status
Not open for further replies.