Rear flue exit from F50 Rangeley directly into 6" Supervent pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IH3444

Dec 28, 2010
Central PA
I'm thinking of connecting my rear flue from my new F50 Rangeley directly from the adapter into my 6" Supervent stainless steel walled, insulated chimney pipe. This is due to the chimney pipe being in a 2 foot square, metal lined duct chase. Does anyone know if the Supervent can take this kind of heat directly out of the rear flue? I also can use some duravent double wall, and then connect into the Supervent, if I need some heat loss. Thanks for the replies, IH3444

Does the pipe project into the room enough to maintain correct stove clearances? You may need an adapter to make the connection.

The Super-vent can definitely take the heat, but i'm with begreen, unless the wall is solid masonry i doubt the proper clearances could be met.

Thanks for the replies. It will be set away from the back wall about two feet with the adapter, and a short length of double wall pipe, with a installed damper just for run away safety reasons. I am thinking of also having an additional rear self standing heat shield. It is being placed into an alcove, but I just don't want it inset into too deeply. It will be more so out into the room, and I was concerned about the Super vent taking the heat so close off the rear flue. It states it will with stand up to 2100F, but I felt that rating was only for 30 minutes. Thanks again! IH3444

Status
Not open for further replies.