Rear stove panel loose

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

The very back wall of my yotul F400 Castine is loose. I noticed it when I was moving some coals around removing ash. I bumped the rear with my shovel and heard a clang. Put some gloves on and the whole rear piece moves front and back. This can't be normal... does the stove cement hold this piece in place? Thx

Sorry here a picture of the panel from inside the stove...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355262611714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355262611714.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 128
I know it's not cemented, but I don't know if it's normal for it to be really loose - but if it moves just a bit that's fine. If you remove the baffle plate, the rear cast plate can be removed w/o tools - 3 firebricks behind it. I would just make sure the secondary baffle is resting in the right spot & all gasketing (underneath the baffle plate is in place

Status
Not open for further replies.