Rear to Top Vent Adapter installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjk454ss

Oct 8, 2013
Michigan
I was given this rear to top vent adapter(fig 19.3) forms installation, even though I don't have the items in fig 19.1, whisk looks like they would hold the pipe in place. So if the pipe is coming up from this adapter, then 90 degrees and out the wall, what hold this adapter to the stove itself? Just the silicone? Is that enough? I can't get at the pipe to get any screws in the adapter because of the sides of the stove. Plus it's pretty heavy metal to screw into.

Is the silicone enough?

1a366e2e4e0f536dd9cda4eb75077aac_zpsef6af2cc.jpg

How much pipe will be connected on to the top of the adapter? You mentioned a 90* elbow and out the wall. I assume you are exiting through a wall thimble to the outside. The high temp silicone should hold but you could make a metal pipe strap from common strapping found at any hardware or big box store. Predrill a few small holes on the back of the stove and secure.

That's what I was thinking too just strapping the pipe to the back of the stove. I'm going straight up 36 inches then straight out 24 inches. The dealer told me to screw the adapter to the stove but there's just no way to get in there with screws Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.