Reason for a liner...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
You guys are gonna get sick of hearing from me about this, but I'm pretty excited! :)

Pictures are soon to come, as soon as I clean up my hearth area, I'm back to work tonight, and working 6 12 hours shift in a row, gotta love law enforcement!

Anywho, I fired up my stove today, it's about 55 out right now, old old house with aluminum windows, and my girlfriend gets cold easy, perfect excuse to burn!

This stove drafted, but not well, I was always smoking up the glass no matter what I did, and I couldn't get the stove to break 400 degrees.

Today it's burning like a dream. It's an older stove, I'm thinking mid 90's so it's not the best. But it toasted up my 2000 square foot house like it's going out of style!

The draft, is amazing. I light it, close the door and it takes off. Never did this before, I had to babysit. My glass has not smoked up, not at all! I'm really happy about that.

Anyway THANK you to everyone on this forum for showing my the light, or..the flame.

If your kicking around the idea of lining your chimney, DO IT. I know it's expensive but you will be much happier in the end.

Next project, line the 30 foot masonry chimney that goes to my finished basement. The hearth down there covers the entire wall. It's gonna be cool.

Bring on the freeze!

It is an amazing difference isn't it? People just need to do it and enjoy the benefits. I looked for a way to line my flues 26 years ago and couldn't find any way to do and never looked around again. Liners weren't all over the place then. Three years ago I found the forum and flex liners and it has made burning and maintaining the stoves so much better.

Like everybody else I always thought I had good draft. Jeez! I hadn't seen nuthin. :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.