1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Reasonable price for chimney liner plus installation?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ecfinn, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ecfinn

ecfinn New Member

Loc:
    Ambler, PA
    Hi everyone,

Not that it matters much because I've pretty much decided this is the dealer I'm going with but wanted to get an idea if this was a reasonable enough price from a dealer perspective. I'm not interested in whether or not I can do it cheaper myself because frankly, I don't climb on roofs, period. My dealer is quoting my $595 for the liner and $600 for the installation. Its a straight interior chimney that will have to have the current damper cut out and removed in order for this to fit. From what I remeber this is pretty close to normal. Is there anything else I should ask about the liner or installation like brand, type, etc before I go ahead and do this?

Thanks,

Eric Finn (who's almost ready for winter...)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    sounds close to me, we usally fall between the $1000-$1500 range for normal jobs.
  3. Willhound

Willhound Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Ontario, Canada
    Sounds reasonable. I paid $600 for 30 feet of liner and associated connectors, caps etc. and another $550 to install. The install included my insert installation , but I helped on both counts which kept the cost down. Installer did all the roof work and the ugly stuff like cutting out the damper, but I ws there as a gopher (go-fer this, go-fer that) and to lift when neccessary. I also agreed to let the installer be flexible on scheduling so that meant he could fit it in on a down day which also saved me $$$. Also factored in was that I purchased insert, liner and had installation done all by the same shop.
  4. Todd

Todd Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Lake Wissota
    Wow, that seems high to me. 2 years ago I was quoted $900 for 25' s/s liner kit installed. Must of gone up some. I ended up buying and installing it my self for under $400.
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    That seems like a fair price for installation. As far as the liner, $$ depends on straight/rigid - whether insulated or not, etc.
  6. Tendencies

Tendencies Member

Loc:
    NW Wisc
    Sounds fair to me, hopefully it includes the top and bottom block off plates and the top cap as well, mine did......

T
  7. jtcedinburgh

jtcedinburgh New Member

Loc:
    Fife Riviera, Scotland
    We just paid £910 for a 12m chimney liner installation, including all bits, installation of stove, etc. That's a UK price, and in a sense it's a captive market here so prices are that bit higher. That figure worked out to around £500 for the liner, £100 for the extras and the remainder was installation.
  8. Shane

Shane Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Casper Wyoming
    That's a decent deal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.