Reboot for Dell-Point Europa 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CastletonDave

Nov 18, 2014
CASTLETON, Ontario
I am a new member of this forum - looks to be lots of useful and relevant info. A bit of background info for starters:
I have a Dell-Point Europa 75 multi-fuel stove that I have used as primary heat source (supplemented by oil furnace) for 7 years. Started off by burning corn for a couple of years, then switched to 50/50 corn & wood pellets for a 3 years and now burn 50/50 wheat & pellets which gives me a cleaner burn with much less auger fouling.
My problem: I cannot fire up the stove this year due to a malfunction in the circuit board. I understand that there is a way to reboot the circuit board by pressing 2 of the control keys simultaneously, but do not know which ones (info is not included in the operations manual and the manufacturer is out of business).
Can someone please provide this reboot sequence?
Many thanks, in advance.

I used to remember and I think I posted it someplace here. I also remember Claude (inventor) tell me to just unplug the stove and disconnect from the battery backup for 5 minutes. I'll try to look around for the post. It may have been on the I burn corn site.

I used to remember and I think I posted it someplace here. I also remember Claude (inventor) tell me to just unplug the stove and disconnect from the battery backup for 5 minutes. I'll try to look around for the post. It may have been on the I burn corn site.
Thanks for your reply - I have tried that but no luck. When I plug the stove in, it goes to C1 (1st stage of shutdown). After about 20 seconds it goes to stage 2 (C2) and then just stalls. Will try to track down Claude for an answer but all numbers that I find through Googling are out of service.

I'm having the same issue with my Europa 75. Did you ever find out how to reboot the circuit board?
I wasn't able to get a reboot sequence. Contacted Claude at Paromax and sent the board to him to check it out. The board is bad and I am now waiting for a replacement to arrive - hopefully during the next few days. Had to order a tank of oil last week - yikes! Not used to getting a mid-winter fillup. Claude has been a great source of info and assistance.

I wasn't able to get a reboot sequence. Contacted Claude at Paromax and sent the board to him to check it out. The board is bad and I am now waiting for a replacement to arrive - hopefully during the next few days. Had to order a tank of oil last week - yikes! Not used to getting a mid-winter fillup. Claude has been a great source of info and assistance.

Do you have his contact information also if you don't mind can you tell me how much it will cot you for a new board?

Do you have his contact information also if you don't mind can you tell me how much it will cot you for a new board?
The Paromax website with contact info is www.paromax.ca. I suggest that you contact Claude regarding pricing - safe to say it is in the high 500's plus taxes & shipping - but a revised and updated program. Looking forward to getting things up and running again!

Status
Not open for further replies.