Rebuilding a Free Standing Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyotbay

Oct 18, 2009
Our free standing Quadra Fire CB 1200 has been in constant use for 4 months out of the year, for the past 6 years. So I guess you could say it has been lit for a good 2 years straight. Well finally the fans ( not working at all 3 levels), blower , the motor feed (died) and most of the electrical moving parts have seen their day. My thought is to replace and simply rebuild the "working guts" of the pellet stove.
I have cleaned and maintained and it on a regular basis, but like everything else needs some new parts. Does anyone have any suggestions/places to look , others who have rebuilt pellet stoves and where to find parts at reasonable prices?
What am I getting into? It would appear that it is simply a matter of getting the new parts and switching them out. Is it really that simple?
Thanks all.....

It can be as simple as just changing out the worn out parts. If the convection blower and feed motor are "Dead" as you say, then they may possibly be the only defective parts on the stove. This would be a cheap fix, and save thousands over a new stove. A few hundred dollars, a little time, and you'll be in there. There are some people on this forum that have the same stove, and have replaced fewer parts in a longer period of time. My stove runs 24/7 also, though only its 3rd yr, and have yet to have a single problem other than a gasket. (knock on wood) Are there any other symptoms that something else may be truely failing? Have you checked the snap disc's, vacuum switch, etc. These items will prevent a stove from "firing".

Thank you all for your input and advice. It has reached the time of year that we can pretty much
take your recommendations and begin to rebuild and prepare for next year. We love our pellet stove
and will simply save our left over Country Boy's till next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.