Rebuilding a Mansfield

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2008
Western Mass
I'm currently rebuilding my Mansfield stone by stone. In an earlier post I had a pic showing that my top casting had warped/sagged and someone had remedied the situation by shimming the top stones up with coins, washers, and little pieces of sheet metal. So I tore the stove apart and I'm updating the top with a new style stone support grid. I had all the iron professionally sandblasted, and painted everything matte black. I know there is stove polish or "stove black" that is meant for unpainted iron. Is there a product that can be used on painted iron to give it a little luster and help protect the paint? Perhaps stove black can be used, but is there something meant specifically for painted iron?

Status
Not open for further replies.