Rebuilding a Morso

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Rock

Feb 14, 2014
Maine
I have a Morso stove that is like the newer model 2b but the top is more tapered and not square like the new ones. I am not sure what model this is but perhaps someone will know. It has been a great heater for a number of years. After this winter it is going to need a rebuild. At least one of the cast iron plates on the side is warped a good bit near the bottom of the plate. I would like to know if anyone knows what model this might be and where we could get some repair parts (if they are available).

Thanks

The older 2B had curved sides and a solid door - so the top would be curved to match.
Like this:
2b.jpg

You could contact the current Morso folks - hearthlink.com (john@) to see if they or anyone else might handle parts.

Hi, Thanks. I did find a picture of the one we have after what seemed like a lot of looking and it is a 1BO. Apparently it is discontinued. It is a very pretty stove. I like it better than the newer ones and the important person (my wife) does as well. I will be looking for parts to rebuild this as the internal cast iron plate on the right side (as you look into the front door) is burned away just a little in the bottom front corner. I believe that it will be OK until spring but will be due for an overhaul at that point. Any thoughts on where we might find these parts?
Thanks

http://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/

is probably the best source - although you can ask the current importer for other sources. Just because the stove is long discontinued doesn't mean that the parts are not available....although this particular stove is quite old.

Status
Not open for further replies.