Rebuilding a VC Resolute III

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macbro

Jan 22, 2012
Orange County, NY
After years of "lurking" I finally joined and have a question, LOL!

I recently rebuilt a Resolute stove that has the short leg kit installed for a fireplace insert. My question is if someone may have standard size VC legs that they are looking to unload or trade for the short legs, as the stove is going to be out in the open.

I know I can also keep the legs, but is it recommended to have a heat shield on the bottom as it does sit low with these legs installed.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Advice is to have an installation pro look at it and tell you. If the stove sits on tons of solid masonry, does it really matter whether it's shielded or not?

By the way, I DO have some standard Res,. legs to sell, $60.00 shipped TYD in the lower 48.

Status
Not open for further replies.