rebuilt the 025...kinda

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
ok so i got the new motor put in the 025..rebuilt the carb....and gave every thing else a good cleaning..oh yeah..new impulse line and intake boot to....got it all put back together...and now she wont start,,ugh....

like its not getting gas or spark...duh...but how do i test this?..i put a little gas thru the spark plug hole...and pulled it several times...nothing...pulled the boot off the spark plug and kept it close to the plug...pulled it...sa no spark...any suggestions?....could i maybe have the coil to far from the flywheel?...hell i dont know..pretty frustrating.....only other thing..is the carb gasket that sits between the intake boot and carb was kind ratty looking...also turned the carb setting screws all the way in then backed them out one turn before trying to start

Take a piece of printer paper fold it in half and put it between the coil and fly wheel. That should get you real close. Be sure you did not pinch the stop wire when you were putting it back in and it thinks you have it in stop. The first thing is to get spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.