Received 2 Tons of Maine Woods Pellets Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
I received 2 tons of the Maine Woods pellets this afternoon. I brought all 100 bags down into my cellar. I stacked them nicely. I then let my Quadra Fire Sante Fe stove run out of pellets. I then let it cool down completely. I then gave it a comeplete cleaning. NOW it's time to see how these pellets burn. I paid $199 a ton DELIVERED to my door. The price is wonderful and Steve Barker and his crew at Wood Pellets Warehouse in North Jay,Maine are great to deal with. I will give a complete report in a few days.

I went through 1 bag last night. I am impressed so far. I had the stove on its highest setting. The heat was really good. There is very little ash and I saw no clinkers. So yeah.....I like so far.

I've burned through 3 bags of these pellets. I think they are very good. The heat output is really good. They burn quite clean too. I have burned 3 bags and there is litterally no clinkers at all. There is some ash,but that is to be expected,but not much really. I'm trying to find my laser thermo gun to get a temperature reading. If you live in Maine you should try these pellets. My buddy bought 2 tons Thursday. He will be receiving them shortly. I gave him 4 bags to try. He was here last night and was impressed.

Good to hear!

I especially like the idea of their Super-Sacks. I just don't know How I can get them into my basement....

They did dany for me and are on my early spring watch list. Looks like Corinth has stepped up there quality as well. I have been requisted to retest there latest batch and its supposed to be much improved.

Testing will be on the pellet review site quazi95 has. Stay tuned!

who is quasi95 and where can I find this review site?

I searched the member list and got no hits on "quasi95"

So far I am very impressed with the newest batch of Corinth. = A tease until I post the results over at woodpelletreview.com ;-P

Heat is outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.