Received 2nd cord of wood and came up short.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a third grader of my own and helping him with his homework every night I can see this:

1. Today's teaching method's are nothing like the teaching methods I learned on(and that wasn't that long ago).

2. I have been to his class and see how students behave and are handled and unfortunately, I DON'T LIKE IT! Kids are given too much power and freedom in today's classrooms.

3. Kids today are overloaded with their parents signing them up with soccer/baseball/basketball/football/karate/dance/Scouts!!! The list goes on! I see this all the time with parents. I only allow him to choose 1 at a time and grades are considered if he participates or not.

So I believe today's student performance is a combination of all of these things.

As far as the wood is concerned...You are buying wood off an 18yr old who is doing for a reason and it's not because he likes practicing his geometry and fraction skills. He's out there trying to make a buck as fast as he can for whatever the reason. A truckload of firewood IS NOT an exact science! I would of handled it like this: "Hey, I'm a little short on this cord can you swing by and make it up to me or I'm not going to buy anymore." This reverts back to my suggeston of "Know your wood supplier"!

Adios Pantalones I think said it best when he thought this was on it's was to the ash bin...

Backroads said:
Having a third grader of my own and helping him with his homework every night I can see this:

1. Today's teaching method's are nothing like the teaching methods I learned on(and that wasn't that long ago).

2. I have been to his class and see how students behave and are handled and unfortunately, I DON'T LIKE IT! Kids are given too much power and freedom in today's classrooms.

3. Kids today are overloaded with their parents signing them up with soccer/baseball/basketball/football/karate/dance/Scouts!!! The list goes on! I see this all the time with parents. I only allow him to choose 1 at a time and grades are considered if he participates or not.

So I believe today's student performance is a combination of all of these things.

Granted this section is technically off topic.......but I could of said it better myself. My son's only 17 moths old right now, but this runs along the lines of how he'll be raised by my wife and I.

Status
Not open for further replies.