Recent PSG installation pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fsappo

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2008
Central NY
My first attempt at learning how to resize photos. I wanted to post some on a recent PSG install. So I'll post one here when I get the sizing correct and then make a regular post after.

Ok, looks like this may have worked, so about this install:

This customer had an old Monarch wood furnace in his basement installed as a stand alone unit with his lp furnace as backup. The old furnace had to be removed in chunks. He bought a PSG Caddy add on Model 1500 from us. We installed it so the blower from his gas furnace would push the heat thru the Caddy and switch over to gas automatically if his wood ran out. Had to redo some duct work. His old furnace plenum had charred the beams above it over the decades. All went well in the end. He's getting nice overnight burns. Heating a 1600 SF ranch and his full basement.

Dont know if posting pics of installs here violates any policies. If it doesnt, I'd be glad to do more of them.

Attachments

• DSCF2057.jpg
    DSCF2057.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 685
  • DSCF2058.jpg
    DSCF2058.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 668
  • DSCF2059.jpg
    DSCF2059.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 632
  • DSCF2060.jpg
    DSCF2060.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 648
  • DSCF2063.jpg
    DSCF2063.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 609
  • DSCF2065.jpg
    DSCF2065.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 621
  • DSCF2066.jpg
    DSCF2066.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 612
I really like the glass in the door ,but I probably would never clean it.

Looks good! I think those furnaces look nice. Our glass stays clean. I'm sure he will love the new furnace.

Gary_602z said:
Is it just me or does the top right picture look like a hand holding a flame? Maybe I need a little more to drink? :cheese:

Gary

It does, but actually he his holding a camera.

I just spoke with the customer last night. He's estimating he's using about half the wood per week as he used to with the old smoke dragon.

The hand holding the flame is an option you can add on. Called a fire elemental.

I noticed there is not a barometric damper installed. Could you describe his chimney please?

I'm a caddy user and I eliminated our barometric damper and use a manual damper. The company does not recommend a manual damper, but our flue gasses were too cool. We have a 32' chimney with a 5.5" liner. Currently we are running our damper fully closed and it's -4f outside. I would guess if the new owner of the furnace has a ranch his chimney Isn't too tall.

Yup, ranch home. If its wood only and not a combo we dont put the baro damper in unless it tests real high on the draft. This guys furnace is working as advertised. 8-10 hour burns, nice steady heat. Very nice. Its about a 4' horizontal run into a 6" clay thimble, into an 8x8 clay tiled chimney. Distance from thimble to the top of the chimney is about 18-20'

Status
Not open for further replies.