Recent purchase of old invicible t

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richtad

Sep 2, 2014
Poconos of Pennsylvania
Bought an old harmon invincible t pellet stove from a friend.
Took 4 of us to move it from his house to my garage,
He indicated that there may be a problem with the distribution motor.
Should I have it serviced or would you recommend giving it a shot myself?
And God knows, I haven't the foggiest idea where to start. I do have some pellets,
The stove has been sitting idle for years.
Regards,
Richtad

Pull the motor assembly and blow out the dust bunnies from the fins and probably a very plugged motor with compressed air. Probably needs some oil in the oiling ports to help things out. I would start by a complete cleaning of everything hopefully outside with a vac and compressed air. Pellet stoves are pretty straight forward. Should be able to download manual online from Harman.

I bought the same stove, non-working, a few years ago on Kejiji for $125. After trying to burn it, then taking it apart, cleaning and testing the motors I concluded the problem was the temp sensor - ESP. In your case, I would try a test burn outside first, just to see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.