recently replaced stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ck8714

Dec 15, 2014
I recently replaced my wood stove from a vc defiant with a 8in outlet to a regency s2400 with a 6in outlet installed with a reducer to the 8in pipe at the stove. However it doesn't seem like I am getting enough of a draft to run the stove efficiently. How can I solve this problem? It vents straight up to metalbestos pipe

How tall is the chimney? 6 to 8 is a big jump you might end up having to change out the stack

yeah pretty short to you would be fighting for draft with one of those issues with both combined it will not work well at all

4ft of single wall and 8ft of double
12' is short for a modern stove and at the minimum recommended for this stove. The situation is being compounded by going up to 8" pipe. Can 3ft. more chimney be added?

From the manual:
6) Install chimney according to chimney manufacturers instructions. The performance of your woodstove is governed to a very large part by the chimney system. Too short a chimney can cause difficult start-up, dirty glass, back smoking when door is open, and even reduced heat output...
CAUTION: The chimney should be the same size as the 6" flue outlet on the stove. The chimney must be listed as suitable for use with solid fuels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.