Recomendations for a cheap moisture meter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggins08

Sep 20, 2006
Springfield MA
Anyone? I saw on on Ebay simaler to the Hobo freight medel for a bout half the price.

Thanks for the info I think Im going to pick one up. for 20 bucks its worth giving it a try

I've got one of those too... Seems to work alright. And fits just dandy in the back pocket.....

I have the Harbor Freight one and the display is getting real light and hard to read, batteries are good, maybe I should of spent more and got a better one?

OOPs, I meant the IR thermometer, not the moisture meter, mm has blinking lights on a scale that corresponds to the moisture content.

I hope you guys are right. I just ordered the one from osprey/talon. It was about 29.00 shipped. I didn't want to wait three weeks.

I'm a newb to burning and am having some issues I hope/think this meter can answer. Pretty sure I already know the answer, just need the meter to confirm.....

Smokey said:
I have the Harbor Freight one and the display is getting real light and hard to read, batteries are good, maybe I should of spent more and got a better one?
You have which Harbor Freight meter? There are tow models. Do you have the digital display or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.