Recommend Pellet Stove for 900 sq. ft. basement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slheinlein

Oct 30, 2007
Southern NH
I am thinking of putting in another stove in my basement. It is roughly 900 square feet and since its the basement, the looks are less important. I can vent directly out the wall in the back of the house. I currently have a Harman which i like a lot but don't really want to pay the price for another one. Looking for something less expensive. Any thoughts?

Since its a second or spare stove, try getting one second hand. Craigslist is where I got mine. A lot of people ran out and bought stoves last year who shouldn't have.

if the basement isnt finished and insulated go with a stove which has at least 1/3 more than 900 sq ft of rated capacity (1200 or more preferrably 1500 or more. basement stove being in a basement a larger hopper isnt a bad option to look for , maybe check out the big-e from breckwell or our 25-pah both are "utility" type units maybe short on looks but long on performance , 100+ lb hopper size ash pan in both personally i like our PAH better , but im biased, both are good units for what you are looking to do

vista flame / enviro. good bang for the buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.