Recommend Pellet stove for small basement area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Enviro mini

There's always the Englander 25 Pdvc (i think it may have a new name now but think it's the same stove , pretty much)
Maybe the enviro mini is good too , I am not farmiliar with it, so check em both out!

Heatilator

At 600 sq ft, choose your poison. :) insulated, or not.

I would vote Heatilator CAB-50 or AMFM refurb 25-PAH. Both have giant hoppers and the same BOX appearance, but the Heatilator takes the cake in BTU department.

also, the next question is - do you want to save on your other heating costs? Because you could put a bigger unit in, run it low when you're in there - but at night, crank it to see some heat in your upper floors.

Still no answer from the OP on whether or not the area is unfinished, partially, or fully finished & insulated. That will make a difference in the stove choice (size), IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.