Recommend sweep in SW Pennsylvania..??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old-Duckman

Sep 26, 2010
Western PA
On second year with Harman Accentra. Scheduled yearly cleaning from the dealer I bought it from in early September...Still no call to schedule my cleaning. I checked once to see if I was still on their list and I am.

So, I have just about given up on them ever calling me this season. Can anyone recommend someone to do the cleaning? I am in Beaver County PA about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh.

TIA

I know who you are talking about.

Every local Harman Dealer in the area is a complete waste.

I suggest you learn how to do everything yourself.

Maybe give Ike Taylor a call...He can probably clean a chimney better than he covered the Bronco's receivers!! LOL Just kidding...I grew up in the Burgh and my father used a local chimney sweep, I will ask him if he remebers the guys name.

Here's all you need to know about cleaning that stove... it's pretty easy. look at this video (part one) then watch part two.

this is a better job than most dealers will do for you... most just do a quick vac job...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUfkD-GiaE

Part two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c1dd7ERJlg

After you are done use the leaf blower trick to finish up the job and you will have a happy, clean burning stove.

Thanx for the feedback guys.

I will check those vids on YouTube out.

My plan was to watch the guy do the service and then do it the next time on my own.

Since my Accentra is a fire place insert and "pulls out" of the old fire place, I am most concerned about the chimney pipe reconnection and supporting the unit once pulled out of the fire place. I believe that it is on some kind of track system but the bottom of the insert sits on the hearth which is about a foot off of the floor. I would think I would need some support from the base of the unit to the floor..?? I also do not have the brush for the chimmney pipe. I don't mind buying one but don't really relish the idea of climbing up on a snow covered roof to run the brush down the pipe.

Do a search for Lint Eater. You can clean your liner pipe from bottom without getting on the roof.

I don't own an Accentra but on my Mt. Vernon I can disconnect the liner without pulling out the insert.

Status
Not open for further replies.