Recommendations and installing a TimberRidge 55-TRP10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dac122

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2007
Upstate NY
I am looking at a used TimberRidge 55-TRP10.

Can anyone provide recommendations, pros, cons, etc.

Also, because this is a basement install I may have to run up vertical 4', then a 90° elbow to a 10-15' run before going outside. Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem? The install instructions are not clear on the horizontal run.

Thanks.

Just to clarify that's a 10'-15' horizontal run.

anything 10' or more will be a huge problem for you with that much horizontal run, and that goes for any pellet unit. Fly ash will settle in there like crazy, as well as moisture, and it will be a big mess to clean out... as well as a hassle when it builds up several times a season, and your draft switch stops tripping.

dac122 said:
I am looking at a used TimberRidge 55-TRP10.

Can anyone provide recommendations, pros, cons, etc.

Also, because this is a basement install I may have to run up vertical 4', then a 90° elbow to a 10-15' run before going outside. Can anyone tell me if this will be a problem? The install instructions are not clear on the horizontal run.

Thanks.

you cannot do that, max horizontal run allowed in the manual is 4 ft http://www.englanderstoves.com/manuals/25-PDVC.pdf

page 4 under "important information"

also mentioned on pages 7,and the diagram on page 8

"11. Horizontal runs should not exceed four feet (4’) with a maximum vertical flue height of thirty five
feet (35’). At fifteen feet (15’), the pipe should be increased to four inch (4”) pellet vent pipe."

a horizontal run does not get any "convective" help from rising tendencies of heated air, also the longer the horizontal the greater the tendancy to deposit ash which will restrict airflow as well.

Thanks to all. I do have another spot that will eliminate or keep the horizontal run under 4'. That looks like my only option.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.