Recommendations for a very small house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
did work at Taco Bell (on College and Prospect) for several years and worked nights for a lot of that. So if you came home rowdy from the bar late at night and went through our drive-through I might have yelled at you… :-D

LOL ! I remeber hearing a very bad rumor about that taco bell....something to do with the beans! Around '99 maybe?

Other than that I only owned a car for a total of 2 years while I was there. I rode my bike everywhere and depended on friends to take me to the slopes. I managed The CSU bike shop, cozzolas pizza, and the performance bike shop that used to be a couple doors down from big city burrito! Anyway I totally miss everything about fort fun!

Arlo said:
LOL ! I remeber hearing a very bad rumor about that taco bell....something to do with the beans! Around '99 maybe?

There are so many bad Taco Bell rumors I can't keep count. I've seen many small incidents in restaurants turn into big, exaggerated "urban myth" type fast-food rumors. But once in a while there's a grain of truth to the rumors.

That particular Taco Bell was exceptionally clean and well run... well, when my husband and I were present. :) Like all fast food restaurants, it was impossible to keep things completely under control...

Yeah, taco Bell does seem to be treated unfairly when it comes to rumors and urban legends!

Oops, didn’t realize you were talking bout CO

Thanks for the beta on good bars in the area! :)

Forget the VC Intrepid if you want to used 16" logs. It'll take a 16"......if it's the first and only log you use, and you drop it in from the top at an angle. It's more suited to 12-14" logs.

Also, it will typically not hold a fire all night.

Lastly, it requires a 6" flue.

Hey, what's wrong with Bucks County? You live in Bristol or something? ;-)

Here in Upper Bucks, we run a Jotul F3CB to heat an 1800 sf house. The stove and chimney are centrally located, and it does a decent job, considering the limitations of walls and hallways. It will take a 16" log, longer if it is split small, but it doesn't have the capacity to burn through the night. Still enough coals to get a fire going in the morning, toss in some elm from the standing dead we have around here and off it goes.

Very well made, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.