recommendations for a wall fan to circulate warm air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrogley

Nov 10, 2007
WI
We've had our stove 2 months and a pocket of warm air sits up in the cathedral ceilings. The warm air is not making it upstairs, but if we punched a hole through the top of the wall in the room with the cathedral ceilings, we could have a toasty upstairs. Where do I even start for shopping for a wall fan?

The best thing i've found id a 4" x 4" 55 cfm axial fan. Its EXTREMELY quite, nothing fancy, but its the best. Everyone will point you towards other doorway fans and fancy stuff. Those are LOUD, and will not work. Go to www.grainger.com search for axial fan. Don't buy anything higher than 55 cfm, otherwise it would be too loud and turn your warm air to cooled air. Trust me, I've done extensive research on this matter (fans ... that is). I have one hanging high near the ceiling to direct warm air down the hall towards the bedroom. Love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.