1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

recommendations for a wall fan to circulate warm air?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jbrogley, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrogley

jbrogley New Member

Loc:
    WI
    We've had our stove 2 months and a pocket of warm air sits up in the cathedral ceilings. The warm air is not making it upstairs, but if we punched a hole through the top of the wall in the room with the cathedral ceilings, we could have a toasty upstairs. Where do I even start for shopping for a wall fan?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. cakewalk

cakewalk New Member

Loc:
    Northern California
  3. Tristan

Tristan New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    The best thing i've found id a 4" x 4" 55 cfm axial fan. Its EXTREMELY quite, nothing fancy, but its the best. Everyone will point you towards other doorway fans and fancy stuff. Those are LOUD, and will not work. Go to www.grainger.com search for axial fan. Don't buy anything higher than 55 cfm, otherwise it would be too loud and turn your warm air to cooled air. Trust me, I've done extensive research on this matter (fans ... that is). I have one hanging high near the ceiling to direct warm air down the hall towards the bedroom. Love it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.