Recommended Accessories?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one. I've searched and haven't found it yet. I'm waiting for catskill to toss me a bone about what it is and where I can get one. Rick

fossil said:
I want one. I've searched and haven't found it yet. I'm waiting for catskill to toss me a bone about what it is and where I can get one. Rick

I want one too. Dirty old Rick ruined everything!!! I don't care that you are an old Navy retiree, you got to be nice to people some times.

Here, I'll try some southern hospitality.

Darn it CAT!!!! If ya don't tell us what that Buck Rogers play toy is Rick and I are gonna chase you all over this fourm until ya give it up!!!!
Hmmm, I think I miss spelled hostility as hospitality up there.

BJ64 said:
... Dirty old Rick...

Some people would call that a redundant phrase...possibly doubly redundant, if there is such a thing. %-P (I still want one of those NASA-vacs, or whatever they are!) Rick

Catskill, where ARE you? You cannot hide from us.....

It's a Dyson Root 6 cordless vacuum. Check it out on Amazon, but also check your wallet. FWIW, there are a lot of complaints about the short battery life.

BeGreen said:
It's a Dyson Root 6 cordless vacuum. Check it out on Amazon, but also check your wallet.
oh, man, bg, you totally ruined our fun :mad:

brooktrout said:
...oh, man, bg, you totally ruined our fun :mad:

He does that frequently. He's a Moderator. It's his job. Rick

brooktrout said:
BeGreen said:
It's a Dyson Root 6 cordless vacuum. Check it out on Amazon, but also check your wallet.
oh, man, bg, you totally ruined our fun :mad:

And he had to tell us about short battery life too. I was gonna chase my wife's house dog off the couch with it!

I was bummed to read about the short battery life too. But ya gotta tell it like it is.

i really like that ash shovel w/ the holes. anyone know where i can find one to match it w/o the holes?

Try ash shovel in Amazon and you'll get a lot of choices.

brooktrout said:
i really like that ash shovel w/ the holes. anyone know where i can find one to match it w/o the holes?

Four bucks at Home Depot for one without the holes.

fossil said:

Oh...I'll toss you a bone alright...... right at your head old man.... ;-P

I have years of experience spent obsessing over cleanliness and dealing with CRAP Black and Decker pieces of chit that spew ash and dust back in your face. I hope you all had a good laugh at my expense because that's the last time I'll mention ANYTHING about what I believe to be the greatest cordless vacuum created by man.

And by the way there's NOTHING wrong with the battery which is a heck of alot more that I can say for the 6+ Crap & Decker vacuums that I've owned and thrown away over the years. The Dyson is DESIGNED to run all out for 6 minutes, which it does flawlessly. Most of those people writing the reviews either haven't read the manual or are expecting a cordless handheld to clean their entire house. Read some of the reviews toward the bottom Link.

:smirk:

He cats - does that thing do a good job of containing the fine dust particles?? (serious question) That has always been the kicker in any cordless that I have used.

Catskill said:
...I hope you all had a good laugh at my expense because that's the last time I'll mention ANYTHING about what I believe to be the greatest cordless vacuum created by man...

Oh, c'mon...we certainly weren't making fun of you. You just teased us with a pic of what you've got to admit is a pretty unusual looking vacuum, and didn't tell us anything else about it except that you think it's the greatest tool ever invented. Anyway, thanks...I'm going to look into it. Rick

Jags said:
He cats - does that thing do a good job of containing the fine dust particles?? (serious question) That has always been the kicker in any cordless that I have used.

Yes it does. That's the primary reason why I bought it. All the other "Dust Dusters" I've owned used some crap-o plastic filter that picked up larger dirt but sent fine ash sailing back out in to the air.

Catskill said:
And by the way there's NOTHING wrong with the battery which is a heck of alot more that I can say for the 6+ Crap & Decker vacuums that I've owned and thrown away over the years. The Dyson is DESIGNED to run all out for 6 minutes, which it does flawlessly. Most of those people writing the reviews either haven't read the manual or are expecting a cordless handheld to clean their entire house. Read some of the reviews toward the bottom

No argument about the uselessness of the crap & deckers. But I can understand folks being disappointed with the battery life. It's not like Dydon advertises only 6 minutes running time. There is much better lithium ion technology than this. I think what has folks upset is that for $150, 6 minutes with today's technology is a bit wimpy. For example, my Makita LIon drill built my entire woodshed (all drilled, bolted and screwed together) on one charge. This is in no way a comment on the actual performance of the unit while it is running.

If they put a decent battery on this unit, I would definitely get one. But 6 minutes would not be enough time to clean cat hair off our sofa for example or clean out a car. For me to spend this amount, I'd want something that can do more than pick up hearth debris. Do they make a plug-in model?

fossil said:
Oh, c'mon...we certainly weren't making fun of you. You just teased us with a pic of what you've got to admit is a pretty unusual looking vacuum, and didn't tell us anything else about it except that you think it's the greatest tool ever invented. Anyway, thanks...I'm going to look into it. Rick

I know.... I'm just having a bit of fun with you as well. :p My posts were very tongue in cheek. You're OK in my book Rick.

BeGreen said:
Catskill said:
And by the way there's NOTHING wrong with the battery which is a heck of alot more that I can say for the 6+ Crap & Decker vacuums that I've owned and thrown away over the years. The Dyson is DESIGNED to run all out for 6 minutes, which it does flawlessly. Most of those people writing the reviews either haven't read the manual or are expecting a cordless handheld to clean their entire house. Read some of the reviews toward the bottom

No argument about the uselessness of the crap & deckers. But I can understand folks being disappointed with the battery life. It's not like Dydon advertises only 6 minutes running time. There is much better lithium ion technology than this. I think what has folks upset is that for $150, 6 minutes with today's technology is a bit wimpy. For example, my Makita LIon drill built my entire woodshed (all drilled, bolted and screwed together) on one charge. This is in no way a comment on the actual performance of the unit while it is running.

If they put a decent battery on this unit, I would definitely get one. But 6 minutes would not be enough time to clean cat hair off our sofa for example or clean out a car. For me to spend this amount, I'd want something that can do more than pick up hearth debris. Do they make a plug-in model?

that's why you just use the accessories on the Dyson Purple Pet edition(of course if you house is all hardwood floors, nevermind)

Don't u guys know an MIB alien zapper when u see 1. 6 minutes is more than enough to
zap those aliens! :)

myzamboni said:
that's why you just use the accessories on the Dyson Purple Pet edition(of course if you house is all hardwood floors, nevermind)

I own one of those as well. It's a great vac too! Like i said "clean" is my middle name.

For the gloves, I noticed that Lowes has fireplace gloves for about 10-11 bucks. not bad.

Catskill said:
myzamboni said:

I own one of those as well. It's a great vac too! Like i said "clean" is my middle name.

I wonder what that would do to a chi-wawa?

Probably one of the best accessories I have found (I cannot find a pic) is a small metal two wheel cart that once loaded (about 10-12-pcs simply stands near the stove in a neat pile ready for insertion. As mentioned, it holds numerous pieces at a time and saves many trips to the outside. Menards sells them for about 60.00

Status
Not open for further replies.