Recommended Moisture Meters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dac122

Feeling the Heat
Dec 11, 2007
Upstate NY
Wifey has been asking for a Xmas list. I'm thinking of putting a Moisture Meter on it.

Any recommendations for an accurate, but reasonably priced model?

For firewood, the cheapy model at Harbor Freight works just fine. Would I use it to measure something that NEEDS to be real accurate - no. Firewood - yes. Better models are available all over, but I am going on a couple of years (maybe 3) with mine and it is still working fine.

Jags said:
For firewood, the cheapy model at Harbor Freight works just fine. Would I use it to measure something that NEEDS to be real accurate - no. Firewood - yes. Better models are available all over, but I am going on a couple of years (maybe 3) with mine and it is still working fine.

Yes. It was recommended to me and I like it. The Cen-Tech model 96472 for about $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.