RECOVERY ACT / TAX CREDIT Do I qualify? OR NOT!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jshinkle

Dec 23, 2010
SE KANSAS
I got to visit my insert dealers today. 90 miles away!!

I had it narrowed down to the Montpelier and the Clydesdale.
I was working a deal on the Clydesdale when the dealer told me I had to live in my current house for 1 year to qualify for the Tax Credit.
. . . . . . . . . . WHAT??????? I would love an insert with a tax credit. . , or a lump of coal, but to be honest, the tax credit is the only reason I am pulling the trigger on the unit.

The dealer did admit the he was repeating what a customer told him, but he seemed pretty certain. I tried to research it, but I have found nothing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

That is one I've not heard about.

Yea-- Shawneyboy is right better get it ordered and installed (wink-wink .Although I do not think the IRS is coming out on Jan1 to make sure.) as long as it is your home ,primary residence and home is located in the good ole USA.

Shawneyboy is correct: If you can't pull a permit, get your chimney swept and have it installed and running before 12/31, you might be SOL. There is a new 2011 tax credit but its not as advantageous as for 2010. The house must also be your primary residence, and that you are the homeowner. If you already took advantage of new insulation, or energy efficient windows, those also go against the $1500 max credit, so keep that in mind too.

OP, if you haven't pulled the trigger yet and you getting this is make it or break it, I think your time has past. But good luck to you.

Yea, it's supposed to be installed by year end.

Your call on what you want to do with the credit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.