Red Hot Tube

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyman

Apr 4, 2009
Southern NH
Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I've spent a lot of time reading various articles and forum topics.
I just got a Regency i1200 insert. Had the first small break in fire last night and the first moderate fire today. I noticed today after damping down the air a bit that the rear secondary tube had nice little fire fingers but the front tube didn't at all; in fact it was glowing red a bit in the center of the tube length. The manual defines over fireing as the main body of the stove glowing, but says nothing about the tubes.
It almost seems like the front tube isn't getting any cooling/secondary air through it which is causing the high temps.
Thoughts???

Tubes often glow from the heat of the fire from the tubes behind them. Nothing to worry about.

My Endeavor's front tube rarely produces a visible flame. Most of the action occurs in the middle and rear tubes. They often glow cherry run during a hot burn on a cold night. I would say you are operating normally!

Welcome Marty

I have Regency Insert as well
The front tubes rarely do the dance for me either.
Good luck , enjoy the show!

Tom

Thanks for the response and the warm fire welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.