Red Maple Dropped in Driveway

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Augie

Feeling the Heat
Nov 8, 2012
North Of Canada
Working in the home Office this morning heard a truck pulling into the driveway. Havent bought anything and UPS usually just parks in the street. Pleasant surprise my Local wood Guy dropped a pile of Rd Maple in my Driveway. It it 10x10 by 3ish in the center. There is some rot but Im guessing it will end up being just about a cord when all processed. Gotta jump on this one because where he dropped it the Corvair is now trapped behind my house!lol nothing like motivation to get your wood CSS.
947400_10151386264815976_1079702487_n.jpg

I love Corvairs but I also love free loads of delivered rounds!

I have 2 vehicles that are trapped in my driveway because of the pile of free rounds in the way!

I burned a bunch of Red last season. Was sopping wet when split (medium small,) but was burning great in six months or so. Dried faster than even the Cherry and dead White Ash. The majority of what we burned last season was mid-BTU wood. Cull some of that rot with a hatchet and you'll have some fine-burning wood next winter. :cool:

I have lots and lots of red maple in my stacks and I love it. It's easy to season, easy to get started in the stove, and burns like a dream. Great for mixing with dense woods like oak or locust, too. I was like woody last year, I pretty much burned red maple, silver maple and ash all winter long....saving the oak and locust for overnighters/extended away fires.....

every stack should have a nice cache of soft maple in it.

Like the hollow rounds...have a few that we put Petunias that flow over to the ground...will post pics when they fill out...

Reactions: ScotO
Nice free, delivered score!
Have fun.

Don't break the maul handle, hit the edges :)

Augie, it is good to see you posting again. Nice trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.