Red Oak rough cut lumber pricing? ..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat53

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2010
UP Mich
Gents, does anyone know approximately what the mills are getting for 1" red oak rough cut lumber per board foot?

thx, Pat

last i knew about .80 for FAS1F and Better, .60 for 1 com

Don't know if it helps but I priced some for trailer decking recently.

$33 per 2"x8"x16' board.

Don't know if it helps but I priced some for trailer decking recently.

$33 per 2"x8"x16' board.

That's 21.33 board feet total,@ $1.54 per.Thicker and/or wider stock sells for more if its same quality.

Thanks guys. I have several big red oak that are getting some dead branches at the top and was thinking of taking them down. The trunks look good and was thinking about having some boards cut. My wifes uncle has a Wood Mizer and does a good job sawing. I also have some big redpine I need sawed up before the beetles get into it.

Pat

That guy's making a killing!!
I thought it was pretty reasonable for true 2" x 8" 's cut from red oak.

I was only ordering 9 boards so that may be part of it.
Was tough just to get quotes. Most didn't understand why I didn't want standard dimensional PT Pine. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.