RedStone Fuel Blocks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpma

Feeling the Heat
Jan 29, 2014
W. Mass
Bought a ton to try. TSC had them $1.00 off per pack and had a 10% coupon burn pretty good. Wife is using them on the "warmer" days

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
upload_2014-12-2_12-47-51.jpeg

I tried a pack the other week. Seemed to burn okay. The blocks in my pack were coming apart a bit; kinda messy.

How much was your ton?

I saw that deal, didn't bite though. Wish I had. They burn a bit fast (loosely compressed) IMO but still coal up OK. I am pretty sure they're the same as the "Eco Energy Fuel Blocks" I burned the past few years, just rebranded TSC, and poorer quality. The fuel blocks I used to burn were tightly compressed, harder to light (always used them for a reload) but burned slow & clean (great overnight burns) and coaled up beautifully. The website for the Eco Energy Fuel company (really just a side business of Graf Bros. Hardwood flooring in South Shore, KY) mentions their product is sold at TSC hence the association.

Status
Not open for further replies.