Refactory question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Feb 17, 2008
mn
Am building a garn style outdoor bioler. At the step in the project of the refactory , found some high-temperature refactory cement and ultra-high temperature cement on page 3315 of the McMaster -Carr catalog. Has anyone used any of these products?

I used Alsey Hi-Cast for my downdraft..... It's rated to 2700F and doesn't require kiln firing... When kiln fired, it will withstand 3200 (or so the lady on the phone I talked to said). It's available at County Materials... I paid $33/bag. The bag is complete, just add water to desired wetness. Nice product all around.

Alsey.com

They have lots of stuff on there. :)

Thanks , one place led to another so looking at something called ks4. If I figured correct I need 2 cu. ft. This is 122 lbs.per cu.ft. so 5 should be plenty .

Very cool. I'm glad you found something.

Status
Not open for further replies.