Refurbished wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have been looking for a wood stove and I found a 50-TNC13 - EPA certified stove for $ 599.00 . It seems like a great deal but it is refurbished. It's for a cabin, so I don't want to spend a lot and it does come with a one-year warranty. Has anyone out there bought from AMFM Energy, or had any experience with a refurbished stove vs. new? I appreciate any input. Thanks for your reply.

prescottonian said:
Hi all,
I have been looking for a wood stove and I found a 50-TNC13 - EPA certified stove for $ 599.00 . It seems like a great deal but it is refurbished. It's for a cabin, so I don't want to spend a lot and it does come with a one-year warranty. Has anyone out there bought from AMFM Energy, or had any experience with a refurbished stove vs. new? I appreciate any input. Thanks for your reply.

They are one of the authorized dealers to do refurbs for Englander. I know a few people who has bought from them. If its from them your getting a good stove and great work done. Buy and enjoy.

The wife and I bought a Kitchen Cook Stove that burns wood, that was refurbished (a Boston Foundry unit from the 1930's) and I'll not hesitate to burn wood in it.

I realize of course that you are not talking about a Kitchen Cook Stove, but just the same.........any reputable re-builder of stoves can and will do a fine job and you should have no worries.

Just make sure that going out the gate, the stove is big enough for your needs, and really rings your bell.

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.