Regency 2400 - smoke issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickoleum

Jan 14, 2015
I wanted to reach out and see if anyone had ideas about what could be causing smoke issues with our woodstove, a Regency 2400.

We have had the stove for about 6 years and did not have any issues. About 1 year ago, the cabin started feeling a little "smoky." Nothing visible, but certainly noticeable, especially if the fire is dampened a bit.

I have checked the stove pipe / chimney pipe -- that is pretty clean. We usually burn pretty dry oak and there is never much buildup when we clean it.

We generally don't have issues with the draft. I included a picture of that shows part of the stove and our installation below. Inside the wall is a T with a cleanout in the bottom and the pipe goes straight up from there through a chase in the second floor and out the roof.

I thought the issue might be the cord in the door. I replaced that and that did not seem to help things.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rick

20150911_152737.jpg

Hmmm. The F2400 is a good unit. Can you answer a few questions?
What type of cap do you have at the top of your Class A?
If it has the screen on it, is THAT clean?
Is the bottom cap on your tee sealed?
Have the trees in the vicinity of the building
gotten noticeably higher in the 6 years?

Cap on the chimney is Duratech Chimney Cap (9484)

It does have a screen, haven't checked it in a while (it's tough to get to and we are no longer up at the cabin). I will check that next time.

There are tall trees around (none closer than 35 feet or so away) but they have not changed much in the past 6 years.

Thanks for the reply.

It is probably the screen if i remember correctly the screen on those caps is pretty small which will clog quicker than others

Status
Not open for further replies.