Regency 5100 - the first few months

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 8-10 hours? I get that with $600 dollar craigslist stoves. I hope you figure something out to improve burn times. That's pretty sorry considering the price tag!

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense. Because plenty of others have been getting 20+ hours.

The floor model at the store has the exact same air control problem (opened up the back of the pedestal, removed the plate and got a flashlight and got a good look at everything inside). Really befuddling. Waiting to hear what Regency says

Thanks for the response as well, Grisu

I wouldn't put too much stock in the 20 hour burns personally. I've been hearing more poor burn times on this unit than good. Blaze Kings can pull off the 20 hour burns, but stoves with secondary burn tubes aren't able to with that much unregulated air. Some might have a few coals after 20 hours, but there ain't much left I assure you.

Status
Not open for further replies.