Regency Air Tube Removal?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeless

Oct 20, 2008
Northeast CT
Tried to take the front air tube out of my Regency I2400 so I could pull the baffles out to take a peak up the stack. They also have to be removed for chimney cleaning...

Instructions appear to want me to push it to the left and maybe pull it out from the right side.

I try but it isn’t coming out. It moves about 1/4 inch and that's it.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

i leave my air tubes in when cleaning the chimney; but remove the baffle. removal of the baffel and reinstalling it can be a little challangeing, follow instruct manual. i brush the tubes off after cleaning the chimney. have heard others having difficulty pulling out the tubes. maybe call the company???

I tried to get my tubes out as well and couldn't do it. I just left them in for cleaning. You can remove the baffle fairly easily, just check the manual like cighon said. I cleaned from the top down, but wanted to make sure I got the last few feet cleaned out, so I took the brush and somehow managed to get it around the tubes and up into the liner, then used a short piece of 2x4 to push it up in there to clean it out a bit. Oh yeah, and I had a rope attatched so I could pull it back out! ;-)

Vice grips on the tube, then hammer to the left until the right side is clear and can be tilted down and then pulled free. I was relunctant to do this on my first cleaning of the i3100, but the procedure has served me well since. Much easier to remove the baffles with the first two tubes removed.

What I do is take the baffles out and stick my digital camera up the stack and snap a picture, the flash lights up the whole stack, and I can see if anything is growing inside

Status
Not open for further replies.