Regency CI2600 tips, tricks and general discussion.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaton

Nov 29, 2015
Northern California
I know there is a post already about this stove but it went every direction mostly when people were having issues with them. I just installed mine and have been burning it the last couple days. So far so good. Now that it seems Regency has fixed the issue. What's everyone think.

The glass seems to get back pretty quick even with the air all the way open. Is the air wash always on or is it connected to the cat. Plus what do you use to clean the glass? Sidenote don't use oven cleaner. It dripped on the inside door jamb and took the paint clean off.
After 2 days of burning the insert was filled half way up the andirons with coal and ash. Is that normal? I'm burning white oak.
I thought I would get some heat with the fan off but it seems to get any heat out you have to have the fan on.

How seasoned is your wood? Do you know what moisture content the wood is?

It's normal when temps are in the 40s for the corners to turn black but when temps drop and your burning 24 7 the glass should clean up. When did you buy your would?

It's normal when temps are in the 40s for the corners to turn black but when temps drop and your burning 24 7 the glass should clean up. When did you buy your would?
I just bought it about a month ago but is said to be seasoned 2 yrs. I just cleaned the glass this am and loaded the fireplace up and had the air opened all day the glass is now black across the whole bottom and gong up the sides. I guess I'll just have to play with it.

I can bet that your wood is not dry enough. Everyone made the same mistake here. What is "seasoned" in your sellers book is not good enough for your stove.

Do you have the digital cat thermometer and what temp is it the first hour?

Yes I have the cat thermometer. I've been engaging the cat around 550-600. After 15 mins or more it seems to jump to 1050 then settle down to 850 or so. Lastnight it got to the mid 30's and today's high was in the high 50's.

As the temperature outside drops you'll get a stronger draft the glass will clean up and should stay clean all winter. I have the same thing happen and I think most people do. Last year I was cleaning the glass every morning till I hit full winter burn and the glass was clean till the spring and was burning small fires again.

image.jpg
This was this morning
image.jpg
This was in the middle of winter sorry the picture is dark but you can see the glass is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.