Regency Door Seal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaGracia

Dec 24, 2009
Northeast Ohio
Last night the air tube fell out once again in my Regency I3100---and after I put it back I was cleaning the door and I noticed that the window seal along the entire bottom edge is loose. I dont just mean a little loose---I mean, I can see the bottom edge of the glass for 1 inch and the seal looks like someone took a pair of pliers and pulled it down and out everywhere else. I am going to contact regency, but is it unsafe for me to fire up the stove with the window seal like this? The door seal seems to be ok.

This window seal seemed suspect to me from the beginning. It looked like the seal itself had a break in it at the bottom (which might be normal, I dont know) and it looked as if it was going to fall apart from the moment I got it. My friend with an I2400 saw it and expressed some concern and told me to be on the watch for this very thing to happen. He just didnt tell me what to do or not to do if it did happen.

I have only had the insert 2.5 weeks.

Thanks!

I would call the dealer and tell them your bringing the door in to be regasketed for free. They should have no problem doing that

I did call the dealer, and they will get me a new one. Basically, since today and tomorrow are going to be very cold, I wanted to be sure it was OK to operate the stove with a bad seal. There is about a 1 inch section where I can slide a piece of paper down the fron outside of the glass and it comes through to the inside where the seal has pulled out.

I would run the stove with half loads of wood and the combustion air closed and only under supervision as my general advice. Some folks may tell you not to worry about it and I may not worry about it myself in my own home, but there are risks involved in filling that stove up and running it unsupervised with known air leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.