Regency E33 or Valor G4?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taggert

Nov 16, 2016
Western Massachusetts
Hello, this is my first post. I have been researching gas inserts the past few weeks and have a purchase order in for a Regency E33. I initially chose this due to simplicity of the device (I ordered a standing pilot system). I have a quote from a very reputable dealer and a tentative install date of December 9. Quote is $3200 including taxes for the insert, venting, installation, brick liner and remote. I have quotes from electrician for 250 and plumber for 450 for gas line. In total it comes to $3900. From what I have researched and read here and on other sites, I think I am getting a good price. One concern I have is am I going the wrong direction with standing pilot system. The other question I have is should I consider something with a greater turn down level, such as that offered by the valor G4. I am not locked into the E33 yet, but am about to put a deposit on it by the end of the week.

My house is a 3 BR ranch, open kitchen and living room, with fireplace in center of house in living room. Those two rooms probably total about 800 square feet, with the bedrooms down the hall another 500 square feet. I have a single zone gas baseboard heating system, and no kids in the house, so I feel heat is being wasted, plus I think a fireplace insert would add to the ambiance in our living space. I want it to mostly heat the 800 square foot area, but if it can heat the rest of the house (with two bedrooms mostly shut off) so much the better.

Does the Regency E33 seem like a good choice? Should I consider the valor G4-if so, how much more would I expect to pay? $1,000 would be ok, but if it is 2 or 3 grand, I don't want to do it. Also, are the electronic ignition systems reliable if I decide to go in a different direction? Or should I stick with initial quote for the E33?

Thanks for any advice!!!!

Last edited:
i like standing pilots...
also, the valors maxitrol valve is loud, and to work on auto thermostat mode it has to be in pilot mode anyways!

no experience with newer regency products so sorry there

i like standing pilots...
also, the valors maxitrol valve is loud, and to work on auto thermostat mode it has to be in pilot mode anyways!
no experience with newer regency products so sorry there
Thanks, appreciate the feedback! Think I am leaning towards the Regency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.