Regency EX90

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ffcarter

Feb 5, 2012
North Bend, WA
Well after much thought and input from everyone on this forumn. I think we've decided to go with the Regency EX90 with the Excalibur Face Plate vs the BIS Tradition CE. Bang for the buck it appears that the EX90 will heat 500 more sq ft at roughly the same price. My only concern is the air cooled chimney system that our local dealer says is all we need for the EX90. Any final thoughts on this? Thanks again for the great impartial advice.

Todd

According to the literature, the EX90 is installable with many different types of pipe, but it doesn't look like these are air cooled. What pipe is he quoting you? Here's the approved list:

1) CF Sentinal
2) SuperPro 2100+
3) SuperVent 2100+
4) Security S-2100+
5) Oliver Macleod HT6000+
6) Dura Plus HTC
7) ICC Excel 2100

Here is the list he has quoted me:

Here’s the quote for this kind of piping:
(1) 001-945 Majestic SK8 adaptor $59
(3) SK84 4- Foot Chimney Section $240
(2) SK818 18-Inch Chimney Section $80
(1) 8-6-12 0-6/12 Pitch Flashing - with storm collar $97
(1)RUFSK8 Round Upflow SK8 Terminationp $106

The company is Cascadia Stoves and Pipes in North Bend, WA. Thanks for pointing this out to a new guy. I've been a firefighter for 13 years and have seen how poorly maintained or improperly installed fireplaces can go sideways in a hurry.

This fireplace can work with Class A pipe. Ask the dealer for a quote using DuraPlus HTC pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.