regency f2400 still hard to control fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loubasle

Dec 27, 2012
this is second year of burning. last year I had a hard time controlling the fire. someone told me to put in a chimney damper. I did that and believe it or not the damper does not do the control any better. with a couple of logs in the stove I can control it ok, but fill the stove up and with the air control all the way closed and chimney damper shut the stove will still run over 600 degrees. I know 600 degrees is ok, but you would think with the air controller all the way closed and the chimney damper shut the stove would be starving for air and slow the burn rate. anybody got any other ideas.

Sounds quite normal to me. If you want greater low burn control with a clean burn you probably need to switch to a catalytic stove or just burn partial loads of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.