Regency F2400 stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gweldgen

Oct 15, 2007
Williamson NY
Finally got around to cleaning the stoves this weekend. After 2 seasons with this Regency we are still very pleased. Nothing broken, bent or warped!! The glass cleaned right up -it was a little gray from the last of the spring fires. I still can figure out how to remove the air tubes though. They are in good condition but it would have been easier to brush down the stove walls with one or two of them out. The book just says to slide them to one side but they won't budge and I did not want to break what wasn't broke! Anybody have any experience getting these tubes out?

Here's a drawing from the Regency F3100 manual. The F2400 has fewer tubes but the principle is the same. If the tube will not slide in easily, simply use a pair of vise grips or pliers and tap it into place with a hammer. A tighter fit will ensure the tube will not move when the unit is burning.

Attachments

• F3100-airtube.jpg
    F3100-airtube.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 408
I saw that same sketch in my manual. I did not want to start squeezing the tubes with a visegrip now that they are 2 seasons old. Afraid they may cave in. I guess I will work around them for now.

As long as the fuel used in the woodstove has been appropriate seasoned wood these air tubes will take a whole lot more tha two years of use. I have my original set which I remove every year to sweep the chimney. I have done this for nine years. The only reason they would be liable to cave in or crumble is if you were burning corrosive fuels. Otherwise you are safe to go ahead and use this method to reinstall the tubes. They do have a lifetime warranty against manufacturers defect so getting a replacement set would not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.