Regency F2400 Wood Stove Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RegencyNS

Feb 13, 2008
Atlantic Canada
I am burning very dry wood- mostly birch. Last year I was burning green wood requiring me to leave the draft air control open quite far. With this dry wood, I am able to close the air/draft substantually. My question is, can I completely close this one draft/air adjustment once the fire gets going so that the fire last longer? or will the fire go out.

I never close my draft completely....unless I plan on letting the fire die out.

You can't completely shut the air down on a epa stove. With dry wood and a good coal bed I can close the air control
and keep the secondary flames rolling.

after 2 seasons with one of these I determined that it is very rare that you can completely shut the draft control. The secondary burn works fine with the handle out maybe 1/4 . Loading direction make a big difference on burn time . North South burns hottest but East West burns longest. also closing the air control completely tends to blacken the glass .
Hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

This is not a one shoe fits all situation. It takes a bit of experimentation with the stove every year depending on the wood supply. That's part of the fun of it!

There are a lot of variables that are specific to your installation. It's going to depend on your stove and flue + the wood you're burning. After the wood is fully charred, close her down all the way. Give it a try and see what happens. If you end up with a lot of unburnt wood the next morning, then scratch that idea. If you end up with some glowing coals, consider it a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.