Q&A Regency Gas Insert fan sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I just installed a Regency Direct Vent gas insert (U32). The question I have regards the operation of the fan. According to the manual, the fan will come on once the unit reaches operating temperature, and turn off when "useable heat" falls below a certain value. The fan will kick in after about 6 to 10 minutes after the unit is turned on. Once the switch is turned "off", the unit fan continues to run for anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. This seems like an awful long time. Could I have a bad heat sensor, or relay inside the unit? I live in California, so the average temperature has been around 70 to 75 degrees. Could it be just too warm in California still? I just finished breaking in the unit.

Answer:

The temperature setting on the little discs that these inserts use is usually 105-115 degrees. It is surely possible that this much heat is built up in the stove for 1/2 hours after you turn the unit off. A full hour seems like it may be too long. I think the problem will solve itself as it gets colder outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.