Regency GCI60 owners (And M55 owners)-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pur pony

Nov 1, 2011
Eastern CT
Are you happy with your stove/insert.

About to pull the trigger on a pellet insert and one of my top choices is the Regency GCI60 insert and just wanted to hear how you liked it, any nightmares or problems, etc... I have done a few google searchs on Reviews of this stove and have not
found anything. I have heard its a facelifted Enviro M55.....have not found many user reviews either on the M55.

Do you use a wall mounted thermostat?

thanks

I have the M55 insert and love it. Heats my 2400 sq. ft. colonial style home with no problem. I use a wall mounted thermostat, but I believe others on here have used wireless ones.

m55 free standing here, only had it one year, but no problems to speak of so far

I have had the stove since March. Unable to use it due to a defective stove pipe, so I am finally getting it back together now. As far as the stove goes, absolutely beautful stove, with quality construction. My only complaint is on the exhasust flange there is only one bolt, so the tighter the bolt the more it pulls away from the bottom of the gasket. Which led to the blower pulling in a smoke smell. I may have the problems solved but we will know this weekend with a test fire. I would love to see regency do a 3 bolt design, other then this flaw, I think it is a great system.

Hello Pur- I think you know already, but Enviro M55 and Regency GCI60 are basically same stove- Enviro makes the "engine" for Regency pellet stoves (The Greenfire is Enviro Meridian). Enviro also makes certain models for Hudson River (Kinderhook and Davenport). Enviro makes a nice stove for the money spent. Good choices you have... good luck.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS pellet
Enviro Empress FPI AC pellet
Enviro 1700 Kodiak FS wood

This is my second stove. Its awesome. The agitator in the burn pot works great. I never have to clean it. It will burn any pellet. It throws great heat. Keep in mind that the better the pellet the better the heat. It ran flawlessly last year and am looking forward to firing it up soon. I think youll be happy with the stove. I havent heard any bad complaints about the stove. They Did change the convection blower to a more powerful one so its not as quiet as before but its not very loud in my opinion. Good luck

Same a kykel,
M55 Cast Free Standing here.
Love it.
Best 3k I ever spent.
Buy another in a second. Recommend it to anyone looking for a stove.
Burns anything, stays clean (relatively), whole lot of heat, thermostat controlled.

About the only minor issues I have is that;
It is a PITA to fill the hopper (small slot on top and rear fill door is awkward to use)
And the thing should hold about 3x more pellets. 120lbs would be about right lol.

Other than that no functional issues at all.
Good luck,
---Nailer---

Status
Not open for further replies.