Regency GF55 and Enviro Meridian Parts Compatible?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rjsho

Aug 31, 2010
Central MA
I read in the forums that the Regency GF55 and Enviro Meridian are basically the same pellet stove. Is this true and would that extend right down to the control board? The pricing information I was able to find show the GF55 control board around $500 and the Meridian at about half that. Thanks for any insight on this.

rjsho said:
I read in the forums that the Regency GF55 and Enviro Meridian are basically the same pellet stove. Is this true and would that extend right down to the control board? The pricing information I was able to find show the GF55 control board around $500 and the Meridian at about half that. Thanks for any insight on this.

Yes, they are exact. Make sure the control baords are from the same model years.

Yes, they are exact. Make sure the control baords are from the same model years.

The earlier digital control boards sometime before Nov 2005 were not T-Stat ready. You can call Sherwood Industries Tech support and they can tell you what control board you need for the Serial # stove you have. The serial # is under the hopper lid.

The earlier digital control boards sometime before Nov 2005 were not T-Stat ready. You can call Sherwood Industries Tech support and they can tell you what control board you need for the Serial # stove you have. The serial # is under the hopper lid.
Wrong. The boards were T Stat ready but the function to switch from Hi/Low or On/Off was done by removing the J9 jumper. The T Stat connections were off of the red leads already attached to the terminals. All digital Enviro boards were TSTAT ready since conception of the digital interface.

The latest version of the Enviro board is part number Product Code: 50-1477 replaces 50-178

Wrong. The boards were T Stat ready but the function to switch from Hi/Low or On/Off was done by removing the J9 jumper. The T Stat connections were off of the red leads already attached to the terminals. All digital Enviro boards were TSTAT ready since conception of the digital interface.

The latest version of the Enviro board is part number Product Code: 50-1477 replaces 50-178

Thanks Scott for the info.

Do you know what bug fixes are in the latest board?

Status
Not open for further replies.