Regency GF55I pellets not dropping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Stevewillette

Dec 29, 2020
New Hampshire
We just purchased a new GF55I. From the start we have had issues with the pellets bridging on the sides and not going down into the auger so the stove shuts off. The dealer has offered no support.
I have found lots of solutions such as aluminum tape, waxes. I have tried the tape and had no success. I am wondering if anyone else has this stove and has had the same issue. The dealer told me it was the cheap pellets I bought. So I bought the exact same ones he suggested. Still have the issue. The pellet sales place suggested another brand that everyone has had great success with. Heat is amazing. Very little ash. Windows stayed clean for over a week. Pellets still bridging and stove runs out in about 7 hours.

Help. I am losing my patients. Pretty sure my wife is ready to sell me just to stop hearing me scream and swear about this issue

454FEE82-5723-4CA8-A7BA-304E706157DA.jpeg

empty the hopper, use a little PAM cooking spray. or some dry graphite.. sometimes you just need to open the lid and poke em down. I use mothers car wax every spring clean and mine empties the hopper all the time. yours looks like an insert they do have slightly shallower sloped walls.

I imagine the design of the hopper has a great deal to do with how likely the problem is in the first place, but whenever I check the level of pellets in the hopper, I give them a stir with my hand. Seems to keep bridges from forming. In my stove, at least.

Reactions: Ssyko