Regency I2100M vs Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenbrenny

Jan 29, 2015
I have been looking around at used fireplace inserts within my budget for a while now and came upon a Regency I2100M for sale for $600. It was manufactured in 2000, but was VERY lightly used as a backup source of heat and is in excellent condition. I can't find any specifications on it, but the owner says it wasn't EPA certified, but it is the same thing as an I 2400, just an older model. I was able to photograph and measure an I2400 at a local dealer, and there are some very minor differences, but nothing that leads me to believe that this is anything but a sweet deal. Can anyone confirm that the I2100M is just an older model of the I2400? If the heat output is almost identical, then I think I better act fast before it is gone. Any thoughts?

The I2100M insert is EPA listed.

Daksy,

I appreciate the link to the manual, but I already had that. Below are the specs for the I2400. I'm trying to find these specifications for the I2100M. They are not listed in the manual.
Specifications
Maximum BTU75,000
Log Size18"
Burn Timeup to 8 hrs
Optimum Efficiency77.00%
Firebox Capacity2.3 cu. ft.
Emissions (gms/hr)3.44
View Area183 sq. in.
Room Size2000 sq. ft

Begreen,

You are correct. I reviewed the photos I took of the manufacturing label, and it says:
"United States Environmental Protection Agency - Certified to comply with July 1990 Particulate Emission Standards"
That's awesome.

I belaive that it is the same as the h2100 hearth heater not the i2400 but very similar over all just a little smaller but i could be wrong i have never seen them side by side.

The hearth heater is a different animal I think. The I2100M more closely resembles the I2400.

The hearth heater is a different animal I think. The I2100M more closely resembles the I2400.
on the outside yes but i have worked on them all i think the firebox of the i2100m is the same as the hearth heater other than the rear vent on the hearth heater. But like i said i have never seen them all side by side so i could be wrong

Take a look at their firebrick layouts. They look different. The H2100 is shallower and wider.

Last edited:
ok i will look apparently i am wrong

Well, I pulled the trigger and picked it up. I plan on ordering the chimney liner this week, and installing when the chimney liner arrives. I'll post some pictures when it's installed. When you compare the firebrick layout between the I2400 and the I 2100M, the firebox of the I2400 is 2 inches deeper. However, the actual firebox depth when measured with a measuring tape is the same. The air channels in the front just seem to be larger in the I2100M. but I suppose it does decrease the actual useable space where logs sit...unless I orient then North to South. I think I'll be plenty happy with it....especially for the price. It really is in excellent condition.

Well done. We'll be looking for pictures when you get it installed and burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.