Regency i2400 insert firebricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tumm21

Jul 16, 2011
North Jersey
I have had my stove for about 9 years and my bricks are starting to dissinegrate. I was thinking of replacing them this year. Is it ok to get an aftermarket brick or should I get it from the dealer? The dealers cost is like 100 bucks. Compared to maybe 25 on Amazon for a aftermarket.
Thanks

I have had my stove for about 9 years and my bricks are starting to dissinegrate. I was thinking of replacing them this year. Is it ok to get an aftermarket brick or should I get it from the dealer? The dealers cost is like 100 bucks. Compared to maybe 25 on Amazon for a aftermarket.
Thanks

You can use aftermarket Split Bricks. About a buck, maybe more at your local block company

I bought some at Tractor Supply, about a buck if I remember correctly.

For my Napoleon 1402 they were similar to the ones I bought. Even same size. I do not know if there are different weights etc.

You need to get pumice brick to replace them you dont need to get them from regency but they should not be regular splits. They have very different insulating properties and because of that it would make all of the specified clearances no longer valid.

Most places will have firebrick splits, but not in pumice firebrick. If you want your stove to perform at its best then replacing them with factory bricks would be best. If you replace them with regular firebrick the stove will still work ok, but may not burn as cleanly or efficiently.
The dealer's price isn't bad, but here's another source for comparison:
http://www.stoveworld.com/Pumice-Firebrick-Splits-6-Pack-p/2rpala999.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.