Regency I2400 New Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mskif

Nov 22, 2008
Hudson Valley NY
I had a Regency I2400 insert and 30 Foot SS liner installed two weeks ago. I didn't shop around or do a lot of research prior to purchasing and it is not the prettiest insert but so far I am very happy with it. It seems very well designed. So far it is heating my 1800 Sq. ft. home well without the boiler going on during a week of 20 degree temperatures. We have been burning 24/7 since the three break in fires. Downstairs has been about 72 and the upstairs bedroom about 65 degrees. The unit put outs a great amount of heat in my 380 sq. ft. living room in my uninsulated 80 year old home. Secondary burns have been great and the fans noise is not bad.

The Regency feels very sturdy and the air wash for the glass works very well. A damp cloth works so far except during the lower heat break in burns which produced some soot. it appears that this unit is sized well for my house. I have 4.5 cords for the winter and am really enjoying burning!

Thanks for all the good information here and happy thanksgiving.

Attachments

• regency3.jpg
    regency3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 472
We just installed a I3100 and we have been very pleased with our Regency so far. Enjoy your new insert and have a great (and warm) Thanksgiving!

Welcome organic. Sounds like you walked into a very nice stove. Was this the dealer recommendation? If so, give them a hearty thanks. With a good stack of dry wood the only thing you'll need to do now is to wipe that silly grin off your face occasionally.

organic said:
...it is not the prettiest insert...

But it's the prettiest one you've got. Personally, I think it's gorgeous. Enjoy! Thanks for the pic, and you have a great Thanksgiving too! Rick

BeGreen said:
Welcome organic. Sounds like you walked into a very nice stove. Was this the dealer recommendation? If so, give them a hearty thanks.

I do have to thank the dealer for the stove sizing and recommendation. They were helpful and I will definitely send some business their way. When I ordered the stove there was a 3-4 week lead time, but it arrived from Regency in a week. The dealer was recommended by a neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.